update bootstrap modal close button (X) - 508 issue

update bootstrap modal close button (X) - 508 issue

wblakencwblakenc Posts: 37Questions: 7Answers: 1

Hello,
I am trying to update my application to be as 508 compliant as possible. One thing the tester found is the 'X' on the modal does not have a label or description so when a screen reader gets to that point it says: "bimes button" instead of close button. This seems like it should be a simple change, but I do not see an API option to update that piece of the modal. Am I missing something or is this piece of the modal not configurable using the editor API? If it is not customizable, is the modal created in source code somewhere that I can manually update? I would rather not change the source, but if it is my only option that will have to do.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• wblakencwblakenc Posts: 37Questions: 7Answers: 1

In case it matters, I am using Bootstrap 4 to style my site and editor/datatables.

• allanallan Posts: 51,440Questions: 1Answers: 7,758 Site admin
    Answer ✓

That's a good point - thank you. There currently isn't a way to customise the close button through Editor's own API but it can readily be done with a little DOM / jQuery:

$('button.close', editor.displayNode()).attr('title', 'Close');

I'll file an issue so we can that into our API for the next release.

Allan

• wblakencwblakenc Posts: 37Questions: 7Answers: 1

Thanks Allen! I should have been able to figure that out. I appreciate it.

• allanallan Posts: 51,440Questions: 1Answers: 7,758 Site admin

Thinking about it - using the aria-label attribute might be better than title. That's what we'll do when this goes into Editor.

Allan