Saving the edited records to the database when using serverside processing and codeIgniter

Saving the edited records to the database when using serverside processing and codeIgniter

bspbsp Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2011 in DataTables 1.8
when I was working with datatables, I was able to use server side processing and read data from the database and show it in datatables. I am using codeigniter MVC framework and ignitedatatables. But I have some issues with saving the data back from the datatables rows to server. currently I have few rows with checkboxes selected for these rows in the datatable. what I am trying to do is , to send data for the selected rows , to the server when I click a save button outside the datatable. I think I would be able to get the rows selected with fnGetnodes, but not sure how and where in the code to do that ajax call which will post these rows to a controller ( eg: home/savedata) and then referesh the datatable with updated data. I did check editable datatables ( http://code.google.com/p/jquery-datatables-editable/) but they currently have no support for multiple rows. would appreciate if someone can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.