Ordering does not work correctly serverside

Ordering does not work correctly serverside

HakashisHakashis Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

A newbie here in a need of a little help, spent two days searching for an answer.

I am using this source code https://www.webslesson.info/2017/11/php-mysql-inventory-management-system-using-ajax.html

Everything that I need is already done here, only one bug left, and it's the ordering, If you click to order and of the tables ID, it will all go away, same for other columns they are not ordered A-Z, ar active-inactive, it's all over the place.

Is there a setting I am missing or is it the mysql query bug ?

Please...

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

Have you raised the issue with the author of the code?
    It's very difficult to suggest anything without seeing a working example.

• HakashisHakashis Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

It's an old post, no one responds, there is a live demo - http://demo.webslesson.info/php-ajax-inventory-system/login.php

Has all the bugs I described.

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

The client, our software, is behaving as expected, and that's a lot of server-script to debug for you. As tangerine said, I'd suggest raising it with the author or seeing if there's been any updates on the web somewhere.

Colin

Still waiting on a response to my message to him, the code was posted 2017-11-10... I am guaranteed that there was no updates done :)

No response from the author :/ anyone able to at least lead me to the solution ? I believe its the problem with the Query.

edited March 2020 Answer ✓

The browser is sending the correct query to the server, and then acts correctly based on the response. The issue is definitely within that server-side script, which since it's third-party, we wouldn't support. Others may have thoughts so your post was worthwhile, but it might be worth posting on StackOverflow too (or at least searching there) in case anyone else has experienced it.

Colin

Thanks Colin, I wasn't look for help specifically from the devs of the Datatables, just looking for help in general.

Good luck, hope you find the answer. Please report back if you do, we'd be interested to know.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.