DataTables warning(table id:Requested unknown parameter from the datasource..

DataTables warning(table id:Requested unknown parameter from the datasource..

rrkwellsrrkwells Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2011 in DataTables 1.8
I am having issues with the basic configuration example.. I am constructing the table on html side with the list returned from Spring's controller.. when I debug it, that list objects contains some 800+ rows but the table shows only 242 rows and gives an error message saying
"DataTables warning(table id:'peopletable'):Requested unknown parameter '4' from the datasource for row 241.. So I looked at the html source to see what's happening there.. surprise! page has abruptly ended at 180th row.. I don't see remaining table rows or rest of the jsp page code that is displayed on the page.... Then I looked at the 180th row on the html page - and to my surprise again that row is truncated on the html side too.. If I consued you already let me explain again..

(thead) -- name|title|phone|department|team|building
(row179)-- XYZ|manager|1232313333|Real Estate|Marketing|2
(row180)-- YTR|assistant|1232345678| Consumer ((((Credit|Card|4)))) (this part in paranthesis is not shown on the html page )
(row181)-- QWE|secretary|2342341234|Litigations|Section|4
-------
(row242)-------------------------------------------------

As I said, though the html page displays 242 rows, the page source I see only upto half of the 180th row. It supposed to contain value "Consumer Credit" but html source was truncated at [code]Consumer[/code].. thats it... I don't see anything else on the source even though there are 62 more rows on the html view..

So my question is, why did the error message say error at row 241 when actually error seems to occur at rw 180? If error really occured at 180 why it kept on displaying 62 more rows and stopped at 242 instead of showing all 800+... i'm really lost at what's happening here and can't seem to find any light... funny thing is it was working perfectly well till this morning - the data hasn't changed at all if one thinks that is the problem...

Replies

• rrkwellsrrkwells Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Oh and if anyone is wondering why am I using DOM datasource to build such a big table, this table basically displays search results, and the possibility of getting 800 rows is only 1 out of 100 - when users to a blank search to get all results from db.. when they actually enter a term - 99 times out of 100- they get at the most 10 rows as results... so performance is not a big deal
  • allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Honestly couldn't say off the top of my head I'm afraid. Possibly a character encoding issue, or a server problem. Anything in the server log? Can you give us a link?

Allan
This discussion has been closed.