and fnSetColumnVis

and fnSetColumnVis

moomanchoomoomanchoo Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2011 in DataTables 1.8
Hi there,

I spent the past couple of days looking through the forums before posting, but haven't been able to sort my problem. Essentially I have table which uses to group some columns and have been attempted to use fnSetColumnVis to toggle the columns. Now I understand that this support is new in 1.8 and based on this thread here:

http://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/4795/column-grouping-and-dynamical-column-hiding-dont-get-along/p1

it sounds like it should work (I'm using 1.8.1 and have also tried the latest nightly dev), but no luck.

So I have the following:

[code]

$(document).ready(function() {
$('#position_list').dataTable( {
"aaSorting": [[ 1, "asc" ],[2, "asc"]],
} );
} );

function fnShowHide( iCol ) {

/* Get the DataTables object again - this is not a recreation, just a get of the object */
var oTable = $('#position_list').dataTable();
var bVis = oTable.fnSettings().aoColumns[iCol].bVisible;
oTable.fnSetColumnVis( iCol, bVis ? false : true );
}

ID
Status
Ticker
Entry Details
Exit Details

Opened
Qty
Entry Price
Total Entry
Stop Loss
Exit Date
Exit Qty
Exit Price
Actions

Toggle column 1
[/code]

With the function call fnShowHide(x) I've tried every number between 1 and 12 and can only ever hide a single column. I am missing something very simple or am simply trying to do something this is not supported. I note that under the API section for fnSetColumnVis its not supported, but this seems to be different to whats in the above listed thread.

Also can I instead achieve the same end using the ColVis extra?

Replies

• fbasfbas Posts: 1,094Questions: 4Answers: 0
    if you call fnSetColumnVis(1, false); fnSetColumnVis(2, false); does col 1 become shown when col 2 is hidden? Is there a reason you can't just call fnSetColumnVis serially for a few columns?
  • moomanchoomoomanchoo Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi fbas,

Beautifully simple, I can't believe that didn't occur to me, I must be losing my grip!

I'll code it and give it go and let you know what happends.
This discussion has been closed.