Global smart search not working after updating Editor from 1.9.0 to 1.9.3

Global smart search not working after updating Editor from 1.9.0 to 1.9.3

YOMYOM Posts: 51Questions: 21Answers: 1
edited May 2020 in Editor

After I updated the Editor PHP library to version 1.9.3 from 1.9.0, my global search started doing exact matching rather than smart search (regex also does not work but that doesn't matter for my use case). I have tried switching back and forth between the two version without changing anything about my client side code and that confirmed my suspicion. The issue lies within the PHP Editor library.

I have been trying to scan through the code to figure out the issue, but my PHP skills are weak and the project is complex. I would appreciate any direction on where to look within those libraries or any intuition on what might cause an issue like this. I can also provide login information to a test instance via pm if requested.

Thanks,
Phil

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

The smart search on the client-side is part of the DataTables, not Editor - see here - and this hasn't changed between releases.

If you have enabled serverSide, then the server script will be performing the searches, but our supplied scripts don't have that functionality built-in, so if yours were doing smarts searches, then that would have been a customisation made by you. It's possible when you upgraded you reverted to the supplied the scripts, which would have removed that functionality.

Hope that helps,

Colin

• YOMYOM Posts: 51Questions: 21Answers: 1

Good call that's exactly what happened. I wrote a patch to allow smart searches and totally forgot about it. All good now.

Thanks,
    Phil

This discussion has been closed.