Should SearchPanes refresh after Editor update?

Should SearchPanes refresh after Editor update?

Loren MaxwellLoren Maxwell Posts: 382Questions: 93Answers: 10
edited June 2020 in SearchPanes

Link to test case:
This is the example included on the site about SearchPanes integration with Editor:
https://editor.datatables.net/examples/extensions/searchPanes

Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

Not sure it would be proper to refer to this as a bug, but I would've expected that after updating a record the searchPanes would subsequently refresh to reflect the new data, but that's not the case.

Is there any plan to integrate that behavior in the future?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @Loren Maxwell ,

Thanks for spotting that, the panes should indeed be rebuilding to show the new data. I've raised an issue internally (DD-1535 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Answer ✓

Hi @Loren Maxwell ,

That should be the issue fixed now. This will be available in the next SearchPanes release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• Loren MaxwellLoren Maxwell Posts: 382Questions: 93Answers: 10

Thanks, @sandy, and thanks for the awesome support in general!

• pybcgpybcg Posts: 41Questions: 10Answers: 0

@sandy @Loren Maxwell,

Has this change been implemented yet? Just wondering on timelines for this one.

Hi @pybcg ,

We haven't made a new release yet, we are waiting to clear the last few bugs that we have on our list. We will be aiming to get a new release out soon.

In the mean time however, you can access it from the nightly builds as I've mentioned above. Just include that js file instead of the SearchPanes file from the cdn.

Hope this helps,
    Sandy

@sandy

I recently swapped to the nightly build (1.1.1) and I had some questions:

1) For now, only my checkboxes seem to get updated when fields are edited. For my other fields (dropdowns and integers), they do not get updated. Should that be the case?

2) When I use at least one searchpane, then fields are updated when they're edited (not just checkboxes, but my dropdowns and integers too). Is this the desired behavior? If not, am I using the correct nightly build? (I used your link from before in this thread)

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

@pybcg - please could you create a test case that demonstrates those issues. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Colin

@colin is there a test case environment that has the editor as well? I'm using this with the DT Editor.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Here's a good template - I've added SearchPanes already for you,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.