No click firing using jQueryMobile and DataTables

No click firing using jQueryMobile and DataTables

abernardoabernardo Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2011 in DataTables 1.8
I just used the basic example from DataTables and the basic structure for the table. All clicks work just fine on Safari but no clicks are fired on an iPad (device and simulator).

I have tried changing the events to vclick, chaning from bind to live.

Also tried even using the daily build and nothing.

Anyone experiencing this problem?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin
    Not seen that myself I'm afraid, but I haven't tried using jQuery mobile much yet. If you don't enable DataTables on the table - do the event work as expect? Also what is the initialisation code you are using?

Thanks,
    Allan
  • abernardoabernardo Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2011
    Hello Allan,

Tks for the response.

I found what was causing the problem! I am using jqm scrollview and it has a delayedClickEnabled option. It needs to be false.

But, afterwards there are other conflicts, mainly in the scrolling part. Nothing that I tried made it work. Just putting jqm and datatables and nothing else, still it does not work the scrolling.

I only made datatables work with scrolling by itself! :(

As far as the initialization, I am using the basics. Actually, no options!

It would be awesome though if we could work on a jqm plugin to work with DataTables.

Augusto
  • uvaldezuvaldez Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yes it would be awesome that datatables works oerfect with jq mobile.... if you want to create a team to work on that i want to be in your team allan
    @uvaldez: Have you encountered any other problem with jQuery Mobile and DataTables? Given that jQuery Mobile is built on top of jQuery core, I don't really understand why it would be interfering with DataTables, since DataTables has no other dependencies - unless it is specifically telling the browser to change all controls that do scrolling (or similar).

Allan
  • slenzi_blumedslenzi_blumed Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Dear All,

I'm also trying to use DataTables (DT) within a JQueryMobile (JQM) web application and I'm having the following issues:
    A - As explained in the JQM documentation I had to write my DT initialization code in the pageinit event , instead of the ready event, but it fails to auto-size the coulmns

B - I cannot get the css applied neither even if I use pageshow or pageinit of JQM the first time I load the page, but it works if I reload it with the browser "Refresh" button

C - If I decorate the DataTables with the FixedColumns extra it breaks the loading of the Pagenation, Search, and Show Entries

Do you have any tips? Any further test related the JQM & DT integration?

Best regards,
    Stefano Lenzi
  • nute72nute72 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    not support the use of datatables with jquery mobile? I have included a table using datatables in a project in jQuery Mobile, and I'm not able to apply the proper styles datatables. Anyone know what is happening?
    Please link me to a test case showing the problem. DataTables should be 100% compatible with jQuery Mobile.

@nute72 - did you include the DataTables stylesheet? How about using bJquery UI - or are you not using theme roller? We will need a whole lot more information to be able to even stand a chance of being able to help :-)

Allan
  • nute72nute72 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited August 2012
    Ok, thanks allan, forget to define all necessary DataTables stylesheet to apply correctly, and my problem has been solved, the tables now display perfectly.

Thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.