issue with link to external page

issue with link to external page

AlessandrovaAlessandrova Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

In my table

http://trovawiki.altervista.org/english_resources.php

I have an external link (target="_blank") in a cell.
When I click on the link, it seems that the DataTable filtering property is lost.
Filters get reset.

Any tips?
Thanks.

Alex

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Thanks for the link, but it seems to be working for me. Please can you provide steps on how to reproduce your issue?

Colin

• AlessandrovaAlessandrova Posts: 11Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks Colin. Weird: when I apply a filter (let's say "years 9-10") I get only those rows (in this example just two).
    So far so good.

But when I click on the link in the "title" column, the URL opens in a new tab (as I used target="_blank") but the table is reset, i. e. I can see all its 67 rows.

This is what happens to me. Maybe it's a browser issue. I'm using Chromium.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Gotcha, yep, I can see it, thanks. The table is redrawn, but it still says that filter is applied - so I'd say something wobbly going on there.

I've raised it internally (DD-1671 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update. Could you leave that website in that state, please, so we can take a look in the next couple, or create a test case that also demonstrates the issue.

Cheers,

Colin

Thank you very much for your support.
    I am not going to modify it.
    If you need to see my code, I can provide it by email.

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @Alessandrova ,

I'm just looking into this now and I agree that the behaviour on your page isn't right, but I am struggling to replicate it locally.

I've noticed that you are using some older versions of DataTables and the extensions. Would you mind pulling in all of the latest DataTables versions, and take the SearchPanes code from the nightly build? Then hopefully I can provide some more assistance.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Dear @sandy & @colin ,

I did as you told me (latest CSS and JS files from the repository), and now it works perfectly!
    Thank you so much for your recommendation.

Alessandro

This discussion has been closed.