Installing Tabletools on Drupal

Installing Tabletools on Drupal

bmangobmango Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2011 in TableTools
Hi there,

I'm using the Drupal CMS and have installed the Datatables module. This has included uploading the datatables library to a specific folder within the Drupal instalation (/sites/all/modules/datatables/dataTables). The media folder is inside the dataTables folder. I want to add on the tabletools menu but I'm having difficulty installing it correctly. I cannot get the tabletools menu to show up. I'm guessing that the tabletools folder should then go in the "extras" folder, which is in the dataTables folder (/sites/all/modules/datatables/dataTables/extras/TableTools)? I've also added a "T" to the "Set sDOM Initialization Parameter" field which is given in Drupal. However, this is not working. Is there anything else I need to do, or have I put the tabletools folder in the wrong location? The Tabletools folder has a media folder inside with further subfolders.

I would be grateful for any help with this.

Many thanks,

Ben

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Hi Ben,

I don't know about Drupal specifically since I haven't used DataTables with it, so I can't help too much with the paths, but are you getting any Javascript errors or 404 errors in your server-log? I would say that the latter of these two might provide the most direct clue. It could be that you need to set the swf path, as shown in this example: http://datatables.net/extras/tabletools/

Allan
  • bmangobmango Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately, I'm not getting any error messages. There is just some extra white space where I think the tool bar should be. I'll look into the SWF path.

Ben
  • allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    If there are no 404 errors in the server error log, then its not the SWF path that is the problem. Can you give us a link to the place?

Allan
This discussion has been closed.