Problems with DataTables sitting at bottom of container ALWAYS

Problems with DataTables sitting at bottom of container ALWAYS

phimuskapsiphimuskapsi Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2011 in DataTables 1.8
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/phimuskapsi/ScreenShot2011-09-15at10558PM2.png

As you can see from the above screen shot, my table just wants to live on the bottom of the screen. The DataTable is in a DIV which does not have a style attached, but I cannot get this thing to go right under the header (Equipment Management).

Any ideas on why this would happen? It's driving me crazy...

Replies

• fbasfbas Posts: 1,094Questions: 4Answers: 0
    what's the div in? something is styled to push it to the bottom.

debugger will tell you.
  • phimuskapsiphimuskapsi Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yeah, seems that our CSS for our main site has a div class of CLEAR in it as well, so I'm getting conflicts on clearing the floats...sigh, why would datatables use a very simple name when this is frequently what other devs call it.
  • eboilyeboily Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Did you solve this roblem? I have exactly the same.

Notice how your table starts just after the vertical line element separating both columns. My table behaves the same, it start jst after such an element...

I've been banging my head on this all evening. I'll continue tomorrow. I'll keep you informed.

- Ed
    The problem is that the jQuery is 'clearing' the css floating that's going on in the rest of the web app. I actually dropped this issue for awhile as I was on a time crunch and just made simple select boxes. I'm revisiting today, I'll tell you what I find.
  • GregPGregP Posts: 487Questions: 8Answers: 0
    edited September 2011
    It could be a clearef float. But it could also be that your two floated elements (the container with the DataTable and the sidebar) have box models that exceed the width of the wrapper. This is wraps one of the floats (in this case the DT container) below.

CSS debugging is greatly simplified in FireBug or other developer tools, if you're not doing so already. It'll be quick to identify which floats, clears, or sizes are messing you up.
    I am using firebug and confirmed this is because of the 'clear:both' lines in the dataTable css. Removing that 'clear:both' for the wrapper and the 'scroll' style made this work the way I wanted. Just an FYI who are having issues. The big issue was that our site is almost completely divs doing a lot of clearing and floating.
This discussion has been closed.