Highlighting select filter containing a value

Highlighting select filter containing a value

silkspinsilkspin Posts: 141Questions: 32Answers: 5

When the code for cascading filters was inside initComplete I was able to change the background-color of the select element when it had a value and remove the style when the value was removed. I successfully used this code in the same place I've put it in the test case...

if (val === '') {
    $(select).css('color', '#000').css('background-color', '#fff');
} else {
    $(select).css('color', '#333').css('background-color', '#ff0');
}

Now that I've moved the cascading filter code into the buildSelect function I can't get it to work. It will change the select color but only until another select in another column has a value. Then the new value gets the yellow background and the previous select resets to white even with a value. I've had to change $(select) to $("thead tr:eq(1) td:eq(" + visIndex + ") select") because $(select) in this location gives [object Object] after I output it using console.log(select); in my dev version rather than the correct data shown in my working version.

Is there a way to make the style stick using this different method? The currently selected <option> doesn't show selected in the dev tools so I can't target all the select filters with values.

http://live.datatables.net/pusaxiyu/18/edit

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769
    Answer ✓

Looks like you will want to move that come from the 'change event to this area:

// The rebuild will clear the exisiting select, so it needs to be repopulated
       var currSearch = column.search();
            if ( currSearch ) {
              select.val( currSearch.substring(1, currSearch.length-1).replace(/\\(.)/g, '$1') );
            }

You are reselecting the selected option in this code so you should be able to update the highlighting here too.

Kevin

• silkspinsilkspin Posts: 141Questions: 32Answers: 5

Thank you Kevin. You were right. I've updated the test case with a new line of code in the above section and commented out the old code.

This discussion has been closed.