Grid is Collapsed On Some Browsers

Grid is Collapsed On Some Browsers

jtaylormejtaylorme Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited January 2021 in DataTables 1.10

While I don't think this is necessarily a problem with datatables I wasn't sure where else to ask as it is the presenting problem. I have a web page in which datatables plays the primary role. Everything has been working fine for over a year but then one of the users started having a problem where the grid is collapsed completely into a tiny line. If we increase font size to a ridiculous amount we can see a small bit of the grid with the scrollbar and see the data so all that part is working fine. This happens on all his machines and all browsers except that it still works properly on MS Edge on his laptop. It works fine for me as well. I haven't made any changes in several months. I have tried clearing the cache on the browsers and rebooted my server. Not sure what else to try.

Hoping someone else has encountered this problem and discovered a solution. Suggestions?

Jim

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• jtaylormejtaylorme Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

Sorry for disappearing. Got distracted with another project and forgot until a few minutes ago. As I mentioned, this is on someone else's computers to which I have no access for such a link. It works for me so hard to troubleshoot. I have remoted in there and confirmed the behavior but not sure how I can create a test case since it works here. Was hoping someone had encountered this before.

Thank.s

Jim

Yep, definitely going to need to see this one to progress it,

Colin

• Jay1001Jay1001 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Have you opened up the web developer tools on the browser to see if something isn't loading or if there's an error?

No good way to reproduce Colin but appreciate the replies. Some of the person's browsers started working again. I will see if I can remote in and check dev tools. That is a good idea. Thanks Jay.

jim

edited February 2021 Answer ✓

Another one to try is open the page in private browsing mode - that way you can tell if a plugin is interfering,

Colin

Another good suggestion. I did remote in looked at dev tools and and changed some things based on that and one machine started working. Replaced the changes with the original and it still kept working so still don't know anything. The other machine works with Edge but Chrome still doesn't work. If I figure it out I will let you know. Thanks again.

Jim

It is now working. Wish I could tell you exactly why. I tweaked a thing here and there and it started working for the guy. No idea why it worked fine for me and I assume everyone else as well as for the same guy in one browser and on one machine before.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I will consider this closed and will mark it that way if I see how.

Jim

This discussion has been closed.