datatable CSS not working properly in fireox

datatable CSS not working properly in fireox

rahul007rahul007 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2011 in DataTables 1.8
M fairly new to datatable....if any body knw plz help....

Thanks n regards
Rahul

Replies

• GregPGregP Posts: 487Questions: 8Answers: 0
    That's not nearly enough detail to go by.

I use DataTables with jQuery UI and do 80% of my developing in Firefox (other 20% is just compatibility testing; Firefox is my baseline). I've never noticed a problem with the DT CSS.

When I view live examples here (on Datatables.net) I also do not see any problems with the CSS. I suspect the problem is not DataTables itself, but a conflict with some of your other CSS that is causing rendering issues.

Or you simply don't have the DataTables CSS included at all; double-check in a web developer tool (like Firebug) that the CSS is actually present and accounted for.
  • rahul007rahul007 Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    actually my problem is...i have use the datatable...inside div lik this

and set "bLengthChange": true, and
    "bFilter": true
    for data table

Its working fine in chorme and IE but in firefox..the Grid is coming between lenghchange and filter and also going out side the div..... I hope u got my problem...
    I do not understand 100%. I would need to see the rendered output rather than the ASP source; I can't tell where the various elements are finally rendered.

I still do not suspect CSS. I suspect HTML. Based on your description, tags are not in the "standard" order, and IE and Chrome are making a different set of rendering decisions than Firefox.

Each browser will compensate for "non-standard" tag order in their own way, and Firefox happens to be doing it in a way that ends up breaking your page.

That's my best guess. ;-)
    hey thanks...there was conflict between my css....thanks for correcting me......now only 1 thing is remaining..... i hv 35 columns in in my grid...now i want to add a horizontal scrollbar to it.....i hv tried but still its going out side...div..and when is used panel than the Filter and info are also moving to left with scroll......do u hv any idea ?? plz help

thanks in advance...
    I don't have a clear understanding of how you want the scroll behaviour to work. Normally this is also CSS (overflow property: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_overflow.asp ). But of course the whole header is as wide as the table, so it WILL be in the hidden area.

I don't reasonably see any way to use the default settings to keep the search box visible at all times but still scroll the table horizontally.

You will probably need to position the search box outside of the table and use the API for searching. Unfortunately I have never done this and therefore do not have code samples. There is probably sample code somewhere on the site or in a previous forum post.
    hey GregP thanks i got the solution.....of this....but again another ptoblem arises....my...th and td hv....are not aligning properly......as soon as i click on the...th for sorting...it aligns properly....is their any way...to to give same width to both.....th and td...???
    I'm afraid I'm no help. Sounds like you're using a scrollable plugin of some sort (otherwise, the th and td would be the same size).
This discussion has been closed.