KeyTable CSS is missing from download builder file

KeyTable CSS is missing from download builder file

bg7bg7 Posts: 44Questions: 6Answers: 0

Description of problem:
I installed Editor2 via the download builder and the blue highlighting does not appear around the cells when you enable KeyTable. This is the link I used:

https://datatables.net/download/#dt/jszip-2.5.0/pdfmake-0.1.36/dt-1.10.24/e-2.0.0/b-1.7.0/b-colvis-1.7.0/b-html5-1.7.0/b-print-1.7.0/date-1.0.2/fc-3.3.2/kt-2.6.1/sl-1.3.2

I looked at the CSS that's bundled in the datatables.css file and the KeyTable CSS is missing (it used to be there). This is the missing CSS:

table.dataTable tbody th.focus,
table.dataTable tbody td.focus {
box-shadow: inset 0 0 1px 2px #3366ff;
}

div.dtk-focus-alt table.dataTable tbody th.focus,
div.dtk-focus-alt table.dataTable tbody td.focus {
box-shadow: inset 0 0 1px 2px #ff8b33;
}

And you can find it here:

https://cdn.datatables.net/keytable/2.6.1/css/keyTable.dataTables.css

Would it be possible to get it rolled into the datatables.css and datatables.min.css files via the download builder?

Thanks.

Ben

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Hi, Ben,

Thanks for your note. It is actually in the file, but there is an error in the file that is causing the browser to ignore it. Specifically, it is being prefixed by a UTF8 BOM which our download builder isn't stripping out. We are working on resolving that today and it will result in new releases for the effected software.

Allan

• bg7bg7 Posts: 44Questions: 6Answers: 0

Allan,

For what it's worth if I search the datatables.css file I got via the download builder there are no instances of 'th.focus', 'td.focus' or the 'box-shadow' styles listed above so I'm a bit confused as to where they might be hiding, even if they are prefixed with something that needs stripping out. Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding and the fix you're working on will take care of it.

Thanks.

Ben

That's odd, I can see them when I download from that link.

What does your downloaded file have on line 195?

If I remove Editor from the list of selections, then we get:

https://cdn.datatables.net/v/dt/jszip-2.5.0/dt-1.10.24/b-1.7.0/b-colvis-1.7.0/b-html5-1.7.0/b-print-1.7.0/date-1.0.2/fc-3.3.2/kt-2.6.1/sl-1.3.2/datatables.min.css

and that contains the KeyTable CSS okay for me. Does it for you?

Allan

Allan,

Odd indeed. That's definitely not what I've got in the datatables.css that the download builder gave me as you can see here:

In case it's helpful this is from the header of that CSS file:

And yeah, I can see the KeyTables styles in that cdn link you posted.

Should I wait until Monday and then try downloading via the builder again and see if it shows up? Not sure what else to do and it's obviously not an emergency on my end.

Thanks.

Ben

Hi Ben,

That's he non-min file you've got there. Could you have a look in the datatables.min.css file and see what is at line 195?

Thanks,
    Allan

Allan,

Yes, that was the non-minified file. I assumed that's what I should be looking at as the minified version was only 19 lines long (and didn't contain the KeyTable styles either).

We pulled down a new copy from the download builder this morning and now it contains the correct KeyTable css. It also has the DateTime extension rolled in which is great. One thing that looks like it's still missing however is a map file - this shows up in the console:

Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404
    Resource URL: http://localhost:8080/js/datatables/datatables.min.js
    Source Map URL: pdfmake.min.js.map

Thanks.

Ben

Phew - good to hear the latest updated help!

Regarding the map file - that's an error - apologies for that. We should be stripping out the mappings as our concatination doesn't currently support maps.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.