Error 403 only when trying to edit a specific row with editor

Error 403 only when trying to edit a specific row with editor

bsukbsuk Posts: 92Questions: 26Answers: 2
edited March 2021 in Editor

When trying to edit certain rows/records in my database (with editor), I'm getting an error: "A system error has occurred"
This doesn't happen on all rows, and I can't see anything specifically different or unusual about the database rows that I'm trying to edit, when the error occurs.

When following the instructions at: https://datatables.net/tn/12 , I am able to view the file that is returned, and it's not valid JSON (which explains why Editor is erroring):

<html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center>
</body>
</html>

But all I can find about error 403 is that it's related to file permissions etc. but then.. why am I able to edit other rows of data with the exact same controller file? The permissions on the server look fine (the same as all other files) for my controller file.

If I just access the controller file directly through my browser, it works. It returns valid JSON for the whole of the table results.

Can anyone suggest how I might start to troubleshoot this further?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

What’s your server-side environment for this - PHP, .NET or NodeJS? Can you show me the controller, or even better a link to the page showing the issue? Is there anything unique about the data in the row causing the issue - special characters, HTML, something else?

Allan

• bsukbsuk Posts: 92Questions: 26Answers: 2

Hi Allan, thanks for responding. I sent you a PM with some more details about this.
    I'm happy to share any solutions on here once resolved.

This discussion has been closed.