DT_Rows and IdSrc if source is array in arrays

DT_Rows and IdSrc if source is array in arrays

MausinoMausino Posts: 61Questions: 19Answers: 0
edited May 2021 in Editor

Hi, i am using array in arrays as source for dataTables generated from serverside
Now i am trying in trial version add Editor to my original Datatables

I have in my dataTables defined

idSrc: 'id',
columnDefs: [
    { name : 'id', targets: 0, },
    /... etc
],

This idSrc doesn't work.

Must i transform on serverside my whole json from array of arrays to array of objects ?
or is some third way how to define that my id is on position 0 in array for Editor ?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,269Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Overall its better to use objects versus arrays. They are somewhat self documenting like being able to use id to access the id instead of 0 for the array position. The idSrc docs provide the information you are asking. You can use a string for objects or an integer for array position.

Integer
    Description:
    When using DataTables with array based row data, this option gives the array index from which to read the row id form the row's data source array.

Kevin

• MausinoMausino Posts: 61Questions: 19Answers: 0

@kthorngren thank you for your asnwer.. i am tried xyz combination how in idSrc catch the array 0 value position.. but is still without success

I redraw whole json array into object on serverside and now it's working without issue :) now i know that if i feed DT by object will better.. but i did also changes in all of my app because i am getting from datatable by drawnCallback { form_data = this.api().rows().data().toArray(); } also the object and not array in array as before :)

This discussion has been closed.