How to manipulate server response for editor when update record

How to manipulate server response for editor when update record

NOCCCDNOCCCD Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Error messages shown: A system error has occurred
Description of problem:
I am trying to make the GRUD work for the Editor. The server that I am working with only response with status code 200/201 with out any data. So Whenever I click on update, the record is updated on the server, but on the editor will display "A system error has occurred".

I tried to use editor
.on( 'postSubmit', function( e, json, data, action ) { }) to update json varaible, since server response no data, the json is simple null value and editor will go into error state. And according the manual, https://editor.datatables.net/reference/event/postSubmit, I need to

"If you want to manipulate this error response into a successful response, you need to use a custom complete function on the ajax object that will mutate the responseJSON/responseText (depending on your version of jQuery) parameters of the XHR object to contain valid JSON."

I am just not sure how to modify that responseJSON, so editor able to pick that up.

What I am after is trick the editor to think the update is succeed, and do a reload. Anyone done something like that before? and how to that?

thank you

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,686Questions: 1Answers: 10,100 Site admin
    edited July 2021
    ajax: function (method, url, data, success, error) {
      $.ajax({
        url: '...',
        success: function () {
          success({});
        }
      })
    }

should do it.

You may wish to call ajax.reload() as well, but depending on your setup it might not be required.

Allan

• NOCCCDNOCCCD Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

thank you so much, saved me a lot of time.