Get TR data from selected rows

Get TR data from selected rows

arnorbldarnorbld Posts: 110Questions: 20Answers: 1

Hi guys,

I have a table with multi-select.

I need to loop through the selected rows and get the TR element as it has data attributes I need to get to. For example:

<tr class="job-list-row odd" data-jobnumber="job1" data-job_id="1" data-comp_num="900" role="row">

</tr>
var rowsSelected = jobTable.rows( { selected: true } ).count();

This gives me the correct number of selected rows.  But if I try to iterate those using:
jobTable.rows( { selected: true } ).each(function(index){ console.log('row'); });
This only ever seems to execute once - I only get "row" once in the console.  

I'm also not finding the proper syntax to access the elements in the node()  If I use something like this inside the .each()
var tr = jobTable.row(index).node(); var trstr = JSON.stringify(tr); console.log('Row: ' + trstr);

I see that it contains the data elements on the TR, but again, I only ever get ONE row, even if multiple rows are selected.

I'm sure the solution is staring me squarely in the face but I just cannot see it!

Essentially I need to loop through the selected rows and get the TR (node) and also some of the column elements (data) . What is the best way to do this?

Best regards,

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• arnorbldarnorbld Posts: 110Questions: 20Answers: 1

Hi guys,

Something got seriously messed up with this message I just sent - something went wrong with the first code block and the rest got all messed up. Lets try again:

I need to loop through the selected rows and get the TR element as it has data attributes I need to get to. For example:

<tr class="job-list-row odd" data-jobnumber="job1" data-job_id="1" data-comp_num="900" role="row">

</tr>

If I use:

var rowsSelected = jobTable.rows( { selected: true } ).count();

This gives me the correct number of selected rows. But if I try to iterate those using:

jobTable.rows( { selected: true } ).each(function(index){ 
      console.log('row'); 
    });

This only ever seems to execute once - I only get "row" once in the console.

I'm also not finding the proper syntax to access the elements in the node() If I use something like this inside the .each()

var tr = jobTable.row(index).node(); 
    var trstr = JSON.stringify(tr); 
    console.log('Row: ' + trstr);

I see that it contains the data elements on the TR, but again, I only ever get ONE row, even if multiple rows are selected.

I'm sure the solution is staring me squarely in the face but I just cannot see it!

Essentially I need to loop through the selected rows and get the TR (node) and also some of the column elements (data) . What is the best way to do this?

Best regards,

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,277Questions: 26Answers: 4,766
    Answer ✓

Hi,

THANK YOU! I knew this was staring me in the face! Will try it and let you know!

Best regards,

Hi,

This worked perfectly for what I needed! Thank you again!

.Best regards,