Searchbuilder Luxon questions

Searchbuilder Luxon questions

LimpEmuLimpEmu Posts: 63Questions: 17Answers: 1

Link to test case: live.datatables.net/zagorefu/1/
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown: No error messages
Description of problem: First off, thank you for adding Luxon support to datatables and searchBuilder.
When trying to use the Luxon plug-in with SearchBuilder for the first time, these 2 questions came up:
1. One of the fields I am showing in my table is a birth date. When I want to try the display to birth dates prior to 1970, I am finding that the date selector does not allow year selections prior to 1996. I can manually change the year in the input box, but I was wondering whether there is a way to ensure that the year drop-down in the calendar picker can be set to an earlier year.
2. For date/time fields, once I select a date, the input value is l followed by many numbers followed by n (e.g., l0001627994144000215n for August 4, 2021).
Thank you for this amazing library that you have built!
Beate

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @LimpEmu ,

1. There are a couple of options within the datetime library that will allow you to do this. Take a look at yearRange, maxDate and minDate. You can set these by doing something along the lines of this example.
    2. You weren't setting the column type for your second column to include the correct luxon format - see this example.

Thanks,
    Sandy