New to DataTables, struggling with a simple concept

New to DataTables, struggling with a simple concept

neebsneebs Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2011 in DataTables 1.8
I need to display a table with checkboxes. The data displayed will be small so I'm not using any pagination. I have successfully implemented a checkbox column and a single checkbox in the header that toggles all checkboxes. I have a Submit button and I need to obtain the identity of those rows in which the checkbox is checked on the server. Seems like a simple application, but I've had no luck. I just need to be nudged in the general direction I think. FYI: This is an ASP.NET MVC application written in C#.

Thanks, Steve

Replies

• neebsneebs Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I would also entertain eliminating the checkbox approach and using the multi-select option on rows, by just clicking the rows. I have this working as well as a select all and de-select all button. Setting the row_selected class of the TR element.

Steve
  • neebsneebs Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Does anybody read these forums? Hello?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    There is an example here showing how to submit form information that is held inside the table: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/api/form.html . An alternative if you want to do Ajax is to use fnGetNodes() and then a jQuery selector to get the form information from all nodes in the table.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.