how can i implement the datatables editor to use the inline editing in ruby on rails app ??

how can i implement the datatables editor to use the inline editing in ruby on rails app ??

Abhijith_T Abhijith_T Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Can i know a complete instruction for make it work on ruby on rails ??

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,103Questions: 1Answers: 2,582

It would work the same as standard editing, inline editing is no different in how it communicates with the server. I'm not familiar with Rails, but have you got the table editing already? And what issues are you having with inline?

Colin

• Abhijith_T Abhijith_T Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yes I was trying to make it working on simple rails app and i got the datatables working it is rendering the values on the html page but im getting this error on the console.

1 error on console: As i referred on google the usual answer was to check on the number of <th> to match it up with <td>
    2nd error on the console shows whenever i click on table cell to edit.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,089Questions: 26Answers: 4,721

The first error you get is typically due to a mismatch in the number of table columns defined in HTML and Datatables. Looks like you HTML table has 3 columns but you defined 4 in Datatables. You need to add a header and td in each row for the Checkbox column. The second error is likely caused by the same issue.

Kevin