SearchBuilder Crashes if you use equals condition on large data set

SearchBuilder Crashes if you use equals condition on large data set

desperadodesperado Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

My data set has 5700 rows with 918 unique values in the column I am attempting to use the equals condition on.

This produces a very large drop down list, it would be better if equals just let you enter the text if a data set is over some limit.

With the 918 items I am able to select 1 and the filter works.

However once I select the add condition button the screen freezes and after a long wait the console has this error.

dataTables.searchBuilderFixedForButton.js:2875 Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
at Group._setCriteriaListeners (dataTables.searchBuilder.js:2875)
at Group.redrawContents (dataTables.searchBuilder.js:2545)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (dataTables.searchBuilder.js:3418)
at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery-3.6.0.min.js:2)
at HTMLDivElement.v.handle (jquery-3.6.0.min.js:2)
at Object.trigger (jquery-3.6.0.min.js:2)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (jquery-3.6.0.min.js:2)
at Function.each (jquery-3.6.0.min.js:2)
at S.fn.init.each (jquery-3.6.0.min.js:2)
at S.fn.init.trigger (jquery-3.6.0.min.js:2)

NOTE: this is using search builder from nightly build to fix the broken Button issue in this thread. https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/69840/searchbuilder-v1-2-1-unclickable-button#latest

Replies

• desperadodesperado Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

NOTE: searchBuilderFixedForButton.js is the name I used to denote the copy of searchBuilder.js I downloaded from the nightly build. I thought I renamed it to just "searchBuilder.js" in the stack trace I included but I forgot to rename on the first line..... Sorry about that, guess I should have just left the new name and explained it.

• colincolin Posts: 12,877Questions: 0Answers: 2,198

We would need to see that, as it works as expected here - try the Name column which has 50k unique values. Please can you link to your page so we can debug,

Colin