Multiline Editing whith many different values

Multiline Editing whith many different values

OUIMINGA DjibrilOUIMINGA Djibril Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,
I'm having a problem with Editor 1.9.2.
When editing multiple lines; if every line contains the same value for the same field than everything goes fine.
However, in the case when I have different values (supposing a line has a value for a specific field and another line has a different value for this same field) than the input field allowing to edit the field just doesn't appear.
What is strange is that if I inspect the html code, I can see that the "card multi-value" class is there but it doesn't show up because it's inside the following div :

<div data-dte-e="input-control" class="DTE_Field_InputControl" style="display: none;"> </div>

I know it's possible to javascript everything so I can change the display property using the editor.on('opened') event, however it would be nice and clean to understand why the standard behavior is not working.

Thanks for your help. :)
David

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,103Questions: 1Answers: 2,582

It's working OK here (tho this would be a later release) - if you edit Ashton Cox and Brenden Wagner you'll notice some have shared values, and others multiple, but all are displayed.

Are you able to link to your page so we can take a look, please?

Colin

• OUIMINGA DjibrilOUIMINGA Djibril Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin,
    Unfortunately I'm not able to link the web page. My Editor function is pretty much the same as the example you gave me... and I have cleaned it up to keep it as simple as possible but the behavior is still the same.
    I was wondering If you have already seen the same kind of behavior.
    There is no JavaScript error that outputs on the console level.
    Everything seems to work fine apart from the fact that when the underlining values being edited are different values, the input form doesn't show up, neither the "card multi-value" class.
    The funny thing is that if I java script it to change the css display to block, than the "Multi values message box" appears and it works perfectly.
    Actually, I just have to manage the css display property of the "DTE_Field_InputControl" class, the edit form control itself and the "card multi-value" class.

So if you have a trick or something that could explain this behavior, just let me know. Otherwise, I think I'll try a js workaround.

• allanallan Posts: 61,322Questions: 1Answers: 10,023 Site admin

I'd suggest, as the first step, updating to v1.9.6 - there were a number of bug fixes between 1.9.2 and .6 (although I can't recall off the top of my head if there was one that covers what you are seeing).

Also make sure you are using the latest CSS for Editor as that will have some impact on this.

Allan

• OUIMINGA DjibrilOUIMINGA Djibril Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks Allan ! I'll definitively look at it.
    I'll give you a feedback as soon as a test it. :)