Error with FixedColumns Rigth and visible column

Error with FixedColumns Rigth and visible column

user156897932user156897932 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, I have found a problem in the library itself that I don't know how to solve it.

The problem is that when a fixed column is applied to the right, and a column before it (more to the left) is hidden, the fixed column is not kept.

To test it you can access the url: https://datatables.net/extensions/fixedcolumns/examples/initialisation/left_right_columns.html , open the command console, and run the command: $('#example').DataTable().column(1).visible(false).

Then you can check that the last column does not stay fixed correctly.

Thanks

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Thanks for those instructions, that helps understand the issue. It looks like this has been resolved already - this example is using the nightly builds and the problem doesn't appear to be happening there. You can find the nightly releases here.

Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you update my example, or link to your page, so that we can see the problem.

Cheers,

Colin

• robertbyrobertby Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi,
    I encountered the same problem. The nightly build seems to help, at least a bit:
    If there is only 1 or 2 columns fixed to the right, it seems to work without problems. But with 3 or 4 fixed right columns, there is still a little glitch when toggling the visibility of one of the not-fixed columns (problem persists even after turning the visibility back on).
    I have a minimum example, on my local machine (unfortunately the live test page ist down).
    I made a screenshot to show you the error and hope you can reproduce it by yourself:
    http://paste.pics/68daf781cd162a6615ea1a3e2a7e6ad5

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @robertby ,

Thanks for pointing this out, something isn't right there. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2239 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Hi @robertby ,

That should be the issue fixed now. This will be available in the next FixedColumns release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• robertbyrobertby Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

Thank you @sandy for the fast bugfix!
    I've tested it with the nightly and it works perfect.
    So I will wait for the new version :smile:

• user156897932user156897932 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you very much for the speed in your responses.

I have encountered another problem. Actually I don't know if it's a problem or if the functionality is now this.
    To test it, I can't give you a source code, but I'm going to try to explain how to test it.
    For the example we are going to use the html and jquery of the url: https://datatables.net/extensions/fixedcolumns/examples/initialisation/left_right_columns.html .

In the case of jquery, instead of fixed 1 column, we now fixed 2 columns:
    fixedColumns: {left: 2, right: 1}

Regarding the library I use the nigthly FixedColumn.

When you run the example, you can see that it only blocks the second column, overlapping the second with the first.

I imagine it is another problem in the library, but if I am doing something wrong, please let me know.

An example screenshot is: https://paste.pics/e7f6c53c68401ac7ce2a49c20f0b2f80

Thank you very very much.

Hi @user156897932 ,

I'm not seeing that behaviour with the nightly builds I'm afraid. Take a look at this example. Could you try and edit that to replicate the issue that you are having? It may be that a fix has already been made for this issue, in which case you may just have to break the cache on your script tag by appending ?safubalfvsou to the end of the url for the nightly code.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• user156897932user156897932 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

You are right, the library works perfectly.
    The problem is in my css, I will investigate it.
    Thank you @sandy