server side processing - edit problem

server side processing - edit problem

qpxcaqpxca Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2011 in DataTables 1.8
Hello, I am a newbie, but I managed to have my table displaying correctly with a connected database
I followed the example in the 1.8.2 package: DataTables-1.8.2V1\DataTables-1.8.2\examples\server_side\editable.html
Question now is only:
How to modify editable.html that way that it will SAVE my changes? Currently, I can update the cells, but it doesn't save the changes
[code]
$.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function($)

{
var oTable = $('#example').dataTable( {
"bProcessing": true,
"bServerSide": true,
"sAjaxSource": "/media1/server_processing1.php",
"bJQueryUI": true,
"sPaginationType": "full_numbers",

"fnDrawCallback": function () {
$('#example tbody td').editable( '/media1/js/editable_ajax.php', {
"callback": function( sValue, y ) {
/* Redraw the table from the new data on the server */
oTable.fnDraw();
},
"height": "14px"
} );
}
} );
} );

[/code]
I have 6 columns plus an id column, where each cell should be editable and then saved. All data is text only.
I tried all the examples but the problem is, none of the examples provide a straight example how to correctly modify as the server side examples are "faked" as there is no "real" db behind it.
Do I need to modify editable_ajax.php? If yes, how? I just use sql + php
It would be great to have an example which is based on the "data.sql" which is provided with the 1.8.2 package.
@Edit: I also searched this forum, but my confusion grows, the more I read. It seems that a lot of people have the same problem.
I know I need to add code, also in the editable_ajax.php. But what ever I try, it desn't work. I have more tables like the one above. All are properly displayed, they are sortable etc. only the edit doesn't work.
Each tipp will be appreciated...Thanks
This discussion has been closed.