Load only files array needed when editor dialog is opened

Load only files array needed when editor dialog is opened

klinglerklingler Posts: 90Questions: 42Answers: 2

Good morning

Working at my online shop backend where almost all is done via datatables/editor....
One tricky part is the use of pictures for products which is already big...around 13000 products with up to 5 pictures each.

So is there a way that when opening the edit dialog I can load only the files array filled with the pictures belonging to the product and not load a files array with 65000 entries?

thanks in advance
richard

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,663Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Richard,

Do you mean an Ajax fetch to get the data for those 5 (or whatever) photos when you edit an individual record? At the moment no, the renderer for the file display method is synchronous.

I do see the problem there though. If you could confirm that I've understood the issue correctly, I'll get a feature request filed.

Allan

• klinglerklingler Posts: 90Questions: 42Answers: 2

Hello Allan

Yes exactly that....english is not my native language so maybe I described my problem a little wrong (o;

Other than that I slowly but surely get the hands on again on datatables/editor and it is fun to do the online shop backend project (o;

Much appreciated that you file a request.

cheers
    richard

• allanallan Posts: 61,663Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the confirmation. I've just logged an issue on our tracker for this. I've flagged it for Editor 2.1, but I can't promise it will make it into that release, as it might involve a number of changes. We'll certainly do a proper evaluation though!

Allan