State restore has a new release but buttons does not ?

State restore has a new release but buttons does not ?

desperadodesperado Posts: 159Questions: 33Answers: 4
edited January 2022 in Extensions

I have worked with @sandy on several issues and they required I use StateRestore and Buttons from the nightly build.

Now I see that StateRestore has been updated from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 but buttons remains at 2.1.1.

So I think StateRestore features will still have some issues if I use the old buttons, correct?

Will Buttons be updated some time soon?

Side Question
Is there a way to register to be notified when DataTables and extensions are updated ?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Yes, I'm going to tag up Buttons either today or tomorrow :).

Is there a way to register to be notified when DataTables and extensions are updated ?

That's an excellent question. If you use RSS then we have a releases feed, but we really need to get around to setting up an e-mail list for this sort of thing...

Allan

• desperadodesperado Posts: 159Questions: 33Answers: 4
    edited January 2022

@allan Thanks, I will watch for the new buttons.

I can set up an RSS watch on that page, thanks. If you do create an email list I would prefer to use that. Thanks!

• ctmlctml Posts: 26Questions: 9Answers: 0
    edited January 2022

If you sign-up on GitHub you can watch the individual repositories for new releases. But that would be required for you to go into every repo for the extensions you're interested in, so it's not necessarily a perfect solution.

PS: there is a critical bug in StateRestore that renders it unusable if you have more than 2 tables on a single page. I accidentally marked it as resolved when it was partially fixed.

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/71147/staterestore-states-being-overwritten-by-second-table-on-same-page-path#latest

• desperadodesperado Posts: 159Questions: 33Answers: 4

@ctml Thanks for the StateRestore issue warning. Fortunately all of my current DataTable's utilization is 1/page.