Background is visible on the transparent scroll track

Background is visible on the transparent scroll track

niksrniksr Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Today's styled scrollbars commonly includes transparent track. As a result, Scroller's "busy" stripped background is visible on the track. More generically, row's background color (e.g. for stripped table) does not extend to the scrollbar area so even without background transparent scroll does not look good.

What is a common way to solve the problem? How to make rows extend to the scrollbar width?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,264Questions: 26Answers: 4,764

How to make rows extend to the scrollbar width?

This seems to work in this example. I touw first start by making sure you have the correct Datatables styling files for the styling framework you are using. Use the Download Builder for this. If this doesn't help then we will need to see the problem to help diagnose. Please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• niksrniksr Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited February 2022

This seems to work in this example.

No, it does not. In this example there is a default scrollbar outside of the table.

According to Allan answer's in 2016
    "the scrollbar is intentionally outside of the table" and I was unable to find if something has been changed since then. So, it seems like transparent scrollbar track is incompatible with datatables.net.

The question should be renamed to "Transparent scrollbar" (and moved to a general discussion) as it's the actual cause of the problem.

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

No, it does not. In this example there is a default scrollbar outside of the table.

It is outside the table but inside the DataTables container. This is what I see in bother Firefox and Chrome:

What OS and browser (inc. versions) are you using?

Thanks,
    Allan