Not showing right fomatting in Firefox 2.0

Not showing right fomatting in Firefox 2.0

jerryjerry Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2009 in General
Hello All,

I have implemented datatables in my application and is working fine in firefox 3+, but in lower versions and safari, it shows table floating on right side. Could some one suggest what might be the issue?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    Hi jerry,

Sounds like there much be a 'float' bug in the previous versions of Firefox - or something related. Either way, it sounds like it's probably just a CSS issue. What I'd suggest is to grab Firebug or something like that and fiddle around with the CSS until you are happy with the layout.

Hope this helps,
    Allan
  • tidelipoptidelipop Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Jerry!

I have the same problem. It works fine in IE, but in my case the table is shifted to the right by the width of the left floating "show entries"-box and I'm using Firefox v3.5.5

Did you find a solution?

/Andreas
    Well I think I found a solution anyway... I just wrapped my table in a DIV and it worked.
    Maybe it's a table bug in Firefox?
    Hi tidelipop,

Thanks for the update - it sounds like a "float" issue has afflicted the table. If you are using my demo CSS then there are a couple of floating elements in there which can mess up layout when integrated into another web-page... Good to hear you've got it sorted now.

Regards,
    Allan
    Well I just discovered that this is still a problem in both Safari and Chrome, so if anyone has a solution I would appreciate it.
    If you poke around with webkit's inspector is there anything which looks odd? Perhaps a "clear" is needed somewhere. It still just sounds like a CSS layout issue to me, rather than anything Javascript.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.