How to add delete button

How to add delete button

Shoddy SmokeShoddy Smoke Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi all, I have a datatable that connects to my database Models.py file. It connects to everything well but know I want to add a delete button so that users can delete their appointments. I have done some research and tried implementing a few things but it so far haven’t got any luck. Do you guys have any idea how to do it?

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('#data').DataTable( {
    "ajax": '/api/data',
    columns: [
    {data: 'first_name'},
    {data: 'second_name'},
    {data: 'date', searchable: true},
    {data: 'slot_time', searchable: true},
    {data: 'Description'}
    ],
} );

} )

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,292Questions: 26Answers: 4,768

This example show one way to add buttons to the rows:
    http://live.datatables.net/xijecupo/1/edit

You can create a delete button event handler that uses jQuery ajax to send the row ID, for example, to the Python script to delete. The Python script should then return the status and in the Ajax success function use row().remove() to remove the row in the client or if an error occurs handle it appropriately. Another option is to use ajax.reload() to refresh the table instead of row().remove().

Kevin

• Shoddy SmokeShoddy Smoke Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

I don't really understand how to do it from the python script side of things. Are there any examples? Thanks

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,292Questions: 26Answers: 4,768

No, there are no Python examples. The Python side is out of scope for this forum but if you ask Python questions I'll try to answer. Are you using a framework like Django or Flask? There should be examples of how to process the ajax request. Maybe Stack Overflow will have solutions you can try.

Basically you will need to use your Python DB library to delete the row then return either a success or failure message to the client.

Kevin

• Shoddy SmokeShoddy Smoke Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am using Flask. Thanks

• akshatchaurasiyaakshatchaurasiya Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

See this example https://github.com/akshatchaurasiya/CRUD-operation-in-php for add, delete and update button in your data table in PHP language.