How do you login to live.datatables.net ?

How do you login to live.datatables.net ?

desperadodesperado Posts: 159Questions: 33Answers: 4

When I used to visit live.datatables.net there would be a login option in the upper right so I can access my saved bins.

Now I can't seem to find a way to login because there is only a help link in the upper right.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi,

I've actually removed that option as it was fairly broken! I'm currently looking into options for more flexibility with the live site, including the ability to run more of the Editor examples.

Allan

• desperadodesperado Posts: 159Questions: 33Answers: 4
    edited April 2022

@allan Thanks I wish I knew that was happening I would have saved some of my bin links into a spreadsheet or something. I can probably find most of them in various posts or just start over which is probably better.

I also notice without the login I keep getting notified that I am editing someone else’s bin while I work on a bin I started from scratch. It is really annoying and causes me to just keep cloning leaving behind bins nobody ever used. The whole design seems a little broken to be honest. But still quite useful!

It would be great if you could open documentation examples into a bin and proceed from their. I am not sure if that is what you mean by “editor examples”

Thanks for the answer and I look forward to improvements in live datatables!

BTW another issue I have with using live data tables is that there seems to be no way to use developer tools to break in the JavaScript code and debug. I think a great feature would be it you could input the three panels html, css, js and then launch it to open a new tab with the full combined page. This would allow for easier debugging. Somehow it would have to allow a reload of the page to let the source be viewed since the new panel would not have the dev panel open so you would need to open the dev panel and reload the page for the source to display. Big change likely but it would be very useful!

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

It would be great if you could open documentation examples into a bin and proceed from their

That is basically the idea that I'm planning to work towards. It will be the examples first - the reference documentation somewhere down the road. I should say though that I don't know what this will be done. There are quire a few other things to do first :)

there seems to be no way to use developer tools to break in the JavaScript code and debug

You need to change the focus to the runner frame in your browser's console..

Allan

• desperadodesperado Posts: 159Questions: 33Answers: 4

@allan Thanks I will try the frame focus ! I didn’t know about that.

I understand about too much to do and not enough time. Same for my work for sure!