Any Ranking Column Examples for jQuery Server Side DataTable?

Any Ranking Column Examples for jQuery Server Side DataTable?

ghernandezghernandez Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

I need to add a ranking column to my jQuery server side datatable. I use a C# method for the searching/filtering/pagination/etc. Are there any ranking column examples for a jQuery/C# server side datatable that someone can share?

Thanks.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

I'm not clear what you mean by a "ranking column" - do you mean an index column as shown in this example. If not, please can you give more information,

Colin

• ghernandezghernandez Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

I am migrating an application from a solution that does not use datatables to a solution that does use datatables. The old application has a table with a column at the third position called "Wait List". It uses a stored procedure to rank the table records => CASE WHEN AP.WorkFlowStep = 1 THEN RANK() OVER(PARTITION BY A.ApplicationTypeID, AAP.ActivityPhaseID ORDER BY AAP.ActivityPhaseDate, A.AppNumber) ELSE NULL END AS WaitNumber <= If the record is in the "Waiting" Phase (i.e. AP.WorkFlowStep = 1), the table records are ranked per the criteria.

• allanallan Posts: 61,669Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

No sorry - we doesn’t have an example of that. What it might be worth doing is constructing a VIEW from your statement and then use one of the standard scripts to query the database to get the data from that VIEW.

Allan