Multiple thead (headers) with Left Fixed Column

Multiple thead (headers) with Left Fixed Column

drunkarddrunkard Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

http://live.datatables.net/rokezono/1/edit

Using the latest Datatables 1.12.0 and Fixed Columns 4.1.0, I'm trying to create a table that has Multiple Headers with a Fixed Left Column. As the above link illustrates, there are 3 headers where the 1st header is a "Normal" (lack of better word) type of header that outlines what the columns are. The next 2 headers are specific (President and Department Head) headers. When the horizontal scrollbar slides the "Normal" and "President" columns move, but the "Department Head" works as advertised. In other words, its fixed. So, the question is, how or why aren't the Normal and President columns fixed?

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

This example explains complex header support with FixedColumns. Specifically it states this:

It is worth noting that FixedColumns with complex headers is only applicable to columns that have a single th element. Stacked th elements are not supported.

Your example shows stacked th in the FixedColumns portion of the table.

Kevin

• drunkarddrunkard Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Bummer, thank you...I just upgraded from Datatables 1.10.23 and Fixed Columns 3.2.2 where it actually worked, as I originally described...:-(