Does responsive mode support inline or bubble editing?

Does responsive mode support inline or bubble editing?

kanweikanwei Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 0

Description of problem:

When using responsive table display, we have bubble edit enabled on several columns. When the browser window is narrowed to where the table becomes responsive and the extra columns are now hidden behind the '+' icon and can be expanded into a column beneath the target row, the columns in question appear with the 'editicon' as designed, but clicking on the icon no longer produces a bubble editor pop-up. Before assuming it's a bug, does responsive mode actually support inline or bubble edits?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,139Questions: 26Answers: 4,734

See if this example helps.

Kevin

• kanweikanwei Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 0

That's definitely helpful, thanks. I should have been specific that I need bubble edit. I was able to find the inline edit in responsive mode, but haven't found bubble edit yet.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,139Questions: 26Answers: 4,734

I took the example I linked to to create this example:
    https://live.datatables.net/guwafemu/363/edit

Changed editor.inline( $('span.dtr-data', this) ); to editor.bubble( $('span.dtr-data', this) ); and it works. If you still have issues please update the my example to show the issue or post a link to your page so we can help debug.

Kevin

• kanweikanwei Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 0

Great, thanks! I was just going to switch to inline editing, but I'll try this out shortly.