Search Panes - `viewTotal` rebuilds the seachPane when selecting option

Search Panes - `viewTotal` rebuilds the seachPane when selecting option

yakov116yakov116 Posts: 29Questions: 4Answers: 0

You can test this out on your own example:
https://datatables.net/extensions/searchpanes/examples/initialisation/viewTotal.html

If I search for an option in the search pane and select that option, it resets the search of the search pane.

For example if I search the "Position" pane and I put in "Support" and select an option, the search is now reset.

This does not happen if viewTotal is set to false.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Yep, that's pretty convincing, thanks for letting us know. I've raised it internally (DD-2614 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• yakov116yakov116 Posts: 29Questions: 4Answers: 0

Any update on this?

Bump any update?

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

We're about to make a big release for DataTables 2 - so I tried it again on that release branch but unfortunately the behaviour is still the same. I've updated the ticket to ask if it can be expedited.

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 61,611Questions: 1Answers: 10,089 Site admin

Hi,

I've just been looking at this - it is caused by this. Honestly, I've no idea what that is doing there. It has been in since SearchPanes started supporting server-side processing. Unfortunately, if I just comment it out, it makes the clear button for the pane go haywire.

I'm planning a complete rewrite of SearchPanes in the near future, and this is one of the things I'll be looking at. If it was a simple tweak, I'd commit it just now, but I'm fairly sure it has knock on effects (I suspect that searches will be wrong when filtering with server-side data).

Sorry I don't have a better answer yet.

Allan

Understand! Thanks for looking into it.