Search Input of the table auto fill with the email ID - Page 2

Search Input of the table auto fill with the email ID

2»

Answers

• FreelancerFreelancer Posts: 20Questions: 1Answers: 0

The database will be loaded through PHP and Will be shown a simple HTML Table, then Datatable will load those data...

Ohh you mean, DataTables, Well am using the CDN of DataTable..

I can add the DataTable locally and check that for sure... Let me see.

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,129 Site admin

From the SO thread Kevin linked to:

regardless of what the name, id, or purpose of that field might be

That suggests my attempt probably won't work. I'd suggest trying the approach in that SO thread first.

Seems like a really significant issue in Chrome to me...

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,369Questions: 26Answers: 4,779
    Answer ✓

Took a closer look at your page. Looks like you have two modals with password fields. These are below the Datatable. Based on this in the thread I linked to:

the reason the input field was being auto-populated with the username is because Chrome auto-fills the first password field it finds (and you can't stop it), and then also auto-fills with the user name whatever input field comes before the password field in the DOM

It would seem likely that the Datatables search input, which is before the password fields, might be filed in. I would try moving the modals above Datatables in the DOM.

Kevin

Finally, Thanks guys., As Kevin suggested and that article was saying... After moving Modals to the above of DataTables, it fixed the issue

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,809Questions: 85Answers: 406

Amazing solution, Kevin! Pure luck that this didn't happen to me, I guess :smile:

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,129 Site admin

Nice one Kevin. That's one for me to put in to the memory bank as I'm sure this will crop up again.

Allan