CloudTables: Master-Detail ??

CloudTables: Master-Detail ??

martinj28lse@gmail.commartinj28lse@gmail.com Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited May 2023 in General

Yes or No, does CloudTables support a true Master-Detail implementation? If so, please provide a link to documentation/examples. I have used DataTables/Editor for years and every Google search for a Master-Detail implementation that includes CloudTables points me to either Datatables or Editor, which does not seem to be applicable. I am familiar with the 'Link' feature within CloudTables, but from what I can see, this is only useful for pulling in a single value from a related Dataset, or for setting up checkboxes or a drop-down, again, with the result returning a lookup to one or more individual column values, not the set of Detail records for the parent Master record. How do I display and then edit a full set of child records using CloudTables?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

It would be worth looking at this example here, and the code below the example. The first table is a list of offices, and when clicked upon, all people based in that table are shown in a separate table. Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

Colin

• martinj28lse@gmail.commartinj28lse@gmail.com Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks Colin,
    I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it could work.