Responsive table when using child rows

Responsive table when using child rows

wilkesy123wilkesy123 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

Im having trouble with a data table where I am using child rows as standard. This all works perfectly and I'm showing other data in a child row via Ajax. I also have the table set to be responsive and have my columns defined. The problem comes when i go onto smaller screen, i get the + sign to show my child row, but i also get another plus sign which comes from the table being responsive. This would hold the other colums as a standard responsive table. The problem is, this child row for the colums wont expand as the table already sees itself as having a child row.

I hope that makes sense. At the moment i cant show a test case as its on a local test server on an internal network only. Ill try and get something setup so that i can show or explain better.

Has anyone come across this problem please?

Thanks
Paul

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,309Questions: 26Answers: 4,770

You will need to display the responsive columns in a modal like this example. The example explains that both the responsive child rows and the child detail rows use the same "user space". You can see this caveat noted in the compatibility matrix.

Kevin