Can Cloudtables integration enable emails with custom data/address by button push on squarespace?

Can Cloudtables integration enable emails with custom data/address by button push on squarespace?

pmarks906dpmarks906d Posts: 61Questions: 18Answers: 0

Squarespace does not natively support dynamic sending of emails to a user-entered email address. Right now I have successfully integrated third party services "Zapier" and "Airtables" to send custom emails from my squarespace website. The emails can contain data dynamically retrieved from an embedded Cloudtable, and are initiated by the user entering an email address and submitting a squarespace form on one of my web-pages. Is there is some other way which Cloudtables/Datatables integration could enable me to send custom emails when entering data / email-address and hitting a button on my squarespace site? One thought: From what I have seen, I believe with PHP I would be able to send emails from my website. Squarespace does not natively offer any form of serverside code, but in my web travels I have noticed that "Cloudways" and "Codeguard" are two 3rd-party web-services that offer the ability to run php on my squarespace site. I am not looking to use Cloudways or CodGuard; but can Cloudtables/Datatables integration enable similar functionality on squarespace? Having fewer integrations/accounts involved, and having more flexibility (perhaps being able to add an attachment) would be a plus. Thanks.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

You would create a button in the table and add an event listener to it that when activated would call an external service to send the e-mail. What external service to use, I'm not sure I'm afraid - I'd tend to just write the script and host it on a site that can run PHP and call that.

You could do that with CloudTables, although it wasn't designed with that in mind. You'd use a computed data point to create the HTML for the button and then some external script on the page to add the event listener.

Allan

• pmarks906dpmarks906d Posts: 61Questions: 18Answers: 0

Thanks for your response. Squarespace gives me the ability to place custom html anywhere on the site, and to run javascript anywhere on the client side of the site -- so I'm not worried about the button. I was just wondering if by integrating cloudtables/datatables into my site that would give me the capability to run PHP on the server side as well? For clarity please verify whether or not cloudtables provide this caqpability. If no that's fine. I still have "Zapier" and "Airtables" which together provide me at least the capability to initiate basic emails from squarespace. Thanks again.

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

You mean run arbitrary PHP on our servers? No - that isn't something that CloudTables does, nor is it a feature that is ever planned for. You could use an external API / program (Zapier?) to send e-mails from an event trigger in a CloudTables row, but that's the limit of that integration.

Allan