PHP 8.2 Support?

PHP 8.2 Support?

jtoler5jtoler5 Posts: 88Questions: 32Answers: 3

I am currently getting this warning using PHP 8.2. I was wondering what the latest version of PHP, Editor officially supports? If not 8.2, is there any timeline? Thanks.

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property DataTables\Database::$type is deprecated in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/vendor/datatables.net/editor-php/Database.php

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property DataTables\Database::$query_driver is deprecated in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/vendor/datatables.net/editor-php/Database.php

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Are you using an old version of the PHP libraries? That error was fixed in 2.1.0 last year. 2.2.2 is the current release and is fully compatible with PHP 8.2.

Allan

• jtoler5jtoler5 Posts: 88Questions: 32Answers: 3
    edited February 7

Crap!! I didn't think I was using an old version as I had already checked that but didn't actually check my composer.json, I guess, because I knew the JS files were using 2.2.2! After I read your comment, I double checked my composer.json and sure enough it was still on 1.9! So sorry for not double checking before posting this question. However, thank you for the fast response!!

As soon as I upgraded the composer package to 2.2.2, it did indeed go away!

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,118 Site admin

No worries. Good to hear you've got it working now :)

Allan