Problem with width of ColVis dropdown

Problem with width of ColVis dropdown

DaveBurnsDaveBurns Posts: 17Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2012 in Plug-ins
I'm using DataTables 1.8.2 with ColVis 1.0.6. I'm having trouble with the width of the ColVis dropdown. Some of the longer column titles wrap and I don't want them too. I've tried setting ColVis's sSize to "css" but setting width on the ColVis_Button class doesn't seem to help - it seems that DataTables still overwrites it. Is there some way to see how ColVis is auto-calculating the widths?

I couldn't find release notes that listed what changed in ColVis 1.0.7. Would upgrading to that help?

Replies

• ltmayonnaiseltmayonnaise Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Just upgraded to 1.0.7 and this issue has been resolved.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    I'm not sure what has happened to the release notes there, but this is what they should say:

- New: bCssPosition option - allow CSS to position the column list - can be used to show the columns list like a lightbox
    - New: "Show All" button. Can be added by passing bShowAll: true as an initialization parameter. sShowAll can define the text displayed for the button.

- Fix: Optimisation for using ColVis with server-side processing. Don't require a full redraw as it can be fairly ugly. Instead whent he condition is met, just call the required callback functions to make everything work - that's all we really need anyway. This could be applied to other options in future.
    - Fix: Cope with DataTables' open/close details row and column visibility changes. We do this by looping of the DataTables internal array with the open rows and changing the colSpan attribute of these rows as needed.
    - Fix: XHTML for the input checkbox - 7966
    - Fix: for missing sSize user configuration.
    - Fix: Formatting updates for code and return to 1.0.6.dev

So as ltmayonnaise notes, yes, the update should fix this issue.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.