Inline Editing lost after fnDeleteRow or fnClearTable...

Inline Editing lost after fnDeleteRow or fnClearTable...

datatablettdatatablett Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2012 in Plug-ins
Hello,
I am using jQuery and Datatables and first I have to say: it is an absolutely great development! Thanks!
But currently I am struggling with the jEditable Plug-In.
I created a table without server-side processing and attached the inline editing for some columns:
[code]
oTable.makeEditable({
"sUpdateURL": submitValue,
"aoColumns": [
null,
{ "placeholder" : " ", onblur: 'submit' },
{ "placeholder" : " ", onblur: 'submit' }
]
});
[/code]
The values are handled in the javascript function submitvalue.
Everything is working perfectly as expected! But when I delete the table data and insert other data (fnAddData), the table has no more edit functionality :-(
For deleting I used fnDeleteRow (for all rows) and fnDestroy and fnClearTable – but no edit available for the new rows.
If I don’t use one of these three methods (fnDeleteRow, fnDestroy and fnClearTable) the inline editing is working, but I still have the old rows in my table.

It would be great to get help on this issue! Until now I could find everything in that great forum but now I don’t have any idea how to solve.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

Replies

• datatablettdatatablett Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited January 2012
    I just noticed that the added rows have no edit functionality. How can the new rows be assign to jeditable? I need something like $row.makeEditable???
    Any ideas?
    Roger
  • datatablettdatatablett Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Calling the makeEditable on the whole table after adding rows brings back functionality :-)
    Thanks! Roger
This discussion has been closed.