Can i reset aoColumns after initialization of datatable..

Can i reset aoColumns after initialization of datatable..

cloudnixcloudnix Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2012 in DataTables 1.8
I have my datatable with Edit button with it. What i want is to hide the Edit button if the user click the save button. I tried using this:
[code]
oTblPODet.dataTable('option', { "aoColumns": [{ "bVisible": false }, { "bVisible": false }, { "bVisible": false }, null, null, null, null, { "bVisible": false}] });
[/code]
But it did not work..

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    No - DataTables does not currently allow for dynamic reconfiguration of tables list that. However, given that it looks like you just want to change the visible of a few columns use the fnSetColumnVis API method - it will be a _lot_ faster than reinitialising a table.

Allan
  • cloudnixcloudnix Posts: 15Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks!! That works..
    Hi allan.. I have a problem now regarding this.. im using asp.net, when my page postbacks, the hidden column becomes visible again..
    Can you link to your page please?

Allan
    im sorry but i cant link you to the page. but in my code, i place the fnSetColumnVis in a button, then the button executes a server side codes so it needs postback. But after the postback, the hidden columns are visible again.. The same thing happens for columns hidden by ColVis.
    Are you replacing the whole table with your Ajax update? That would destroy the old DataTable...

Allan
    im not using ajax to fill the table. i'm using asp:Repeater instead.. so i guess i'm not creating new datatable..im not sure though because i'm a beginner developer..
This discussion has been closed.