Column gets 'squeezed ' since 1.9.1

Column gets 'squeezed ' since 1.9.1

hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2012 in DataTables 1.9
Hello,

I just updated my plugins and datatables, and there's a column on my table getting squeezed for no particularly reason, as it is exactly like all the other columns, and it isn't even the last column.

Runned the DataTables debugger.

Here: http://debug.datatables.net/erofiz

This is crucial for my current project, my before-last column is not in the correct size, and it is a serious problem, I have auto width, but I also specified a big width for that column and it gets ignored, this wasn't happening in 1.9.0, the table would just increase horizontally.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Thanks for the debugger trace, but I think in this case I would need to actually see the table since the column sizing is rather complex. Can you link me to your example please?

Allan
  • hozthozt Posts: 45Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan, I can't link you since this is localhost only atm, would take a while to make it production, (MVC Configurations what now), also privacy reasons.

But I can send you a PM of what it looks like (Just did), can also send you a zipped preview of the page I guess if you want.

Another thing allan, I took the time today since I was updating DataTables to test our your ColVis p lugin.

There's a bug in it, explained it in the PM.
    Hello Allan,

Is this something you could look up into?
    I've momentarily went back for 1.9.0 and it's OK, but just to test it if worked.

Even if I stayed in 1.9.0, I know I will need to fix a bug or add new features in the future and this might occur again.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Just replied to your PM. Will post back in this thread when we've got more information :-)

Allan
    edited April 2012
    Might've been I tweaked 1.9.0 without knowing for some reason. Just keeping who reads this discussion in the future informed.
    Columns will break with dashes, explains why.

Related Real Bug:
    ColVis Plugin

Removing all columns, or nearly all columns. When clicking restore, the proper width's are not given and the column date breaks on the dashes when there's lots of space, because a '10px' column after restoring is now a 200px column.

EDIT:
    Even with the sWidth value (which I have) for instance set to 6px on a column for a checkbox only. After removing and restoring the columns with ColVis, the checkbox eats up like 200px.
This discussion has been closed.