ColReorder/JQuery error when dragging columns

ColReorder/JQuery error when dragging columns

awakener76awakener76 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2012 in Plug-ins
Hi

I'm trying to use ColReorder, however when I drag a column I get the following error:

uncaught exception: Dimensions: jQuery collection is empty

I think it's not being initialized properly, I'm getting the pointer (hand) cursor instead of the move (two arrows forming a cross) cursor. Is it because I have column sorting activated? Below is the code I'm using to initialize the data table:

$('#willcalllist_datatable').dataTable({
"sDom": "Rlfrtip",
"aaSorting": [[28, "desc"], [15, "asc"], [16, "asc"]],
"aoColumnDefs": [
{ "bVisible": false, "aTargets": [2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 34] }
],
"bPaginate": false,
"fnInitComplete": function () {
fnSetInitialSortAndColumns();
fnSetTableWidth();
fnCalcTotals();
fnPopulatePresets();
}
});

I have the latest versions of DataTable and ColReorder, and I'm using the JQuery 1.7.2 files hosted by Google.

Thanks
Andy

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    Never come across that error I'm afraid. Can you link to a test case showing the issue (I know you've for the code above, but I've not been able to recreate the problem locally with that code).

Allan
  • awakener76awakener76 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Check out:
    http://www.awakener76.net/willcalllist.htm

You'll see the error if you click on a column to sort it, or try and drag a column. The sort does work, then the error occurs.

If line 44 is commented out (the colReorder init) then the sort works and there's no errors, so it's definitely related to the ColReorder.

Thanks
    Andy
  • allanallan Posts: 61,821Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    You could try updating to the ColReorder nightly on the downloads page, but I don't think that will address this, since its not something I've come across before.

I'm afraid that this one is going to be a transitional debugging exercise as I don't know off the top of my head what is happening. I'll try to get some time in the next few days to look at it more in depth, but you could try disabling some other plug-ins of the page and see if that makes any difference.

Allan
  • awakener76awakener76 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    If I remove cluetip (jquery.cluetip.js, jquery.dimensions.js and jquery.hoverIntent.js), then the error changes to:

e is null
    file:///D:/Client%20Work/SeatEngine/html/WillCallList_files/colreorder.js
    Line 24

Line 24 is:

_fnMouseListener:function(a,c){var d=this;f(c).bind("mousedown.ColReorder",function(a){d._fnMouseDown.call(d,a,c);return!1})},_fnMouseDown:function(a,c){var d=this,b=this.s.dt.aoColumns,e="TH"==a.target.nodeName?a.target:f(a.target).parents("TH")[0],e=f(e).offset();this.s.mouse.startX=a.pageX;this.s.mouse.startY=a.pageY;this.s.mouse.offsetX=a.pageX-e.left;this.s.mouse.offsetY=a.pageY-e.top;this.s.mouse.target=c;this.s.mouse.targetIndex=f("th",c.parentNode).index(c);this.s.mouse.fromIndex=this.s.dt.oInstance.oApi._fnVisibleToColumnIndex(this.s.dt,

Thanks
    Andy
This discussion has been closed.