Limit drop target

Limit drop target

davemdavem Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hello,

Is it possible to limit the drop area of specific rows?

For example I have groups of rows and I would like to setup row reordering to allow these rows to be reorderable inside their group only. So if rows 1-3 are in Group A and rows 4-8 are in Group B, I want to prevent the user from being able to drag row #5 into positions 1-3 and vice versa.

I thought maybe I could accomplish this using events but I didn't see an event for mid-drag, only after the drag was completed which seems like it would be very difficult(and not very intuitive for the user) to try and force the boundary there.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,627Questions: 1Answers: 10,090 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'm sorry to say that there isn't a way to do that with RowReorder. Are you using a method like this for the row grouping?

Allan

• davemdavem Posts: 6Questions: 3Answers: 0

Yes that is right, I'm using a hidden column which is actually a bit more complex than just one field so I'm using a custom data function to return/set the correct data. Everything works great except there is no easy way to re-order the group.

Thanks for letting me know that this isn't possible using RowReorder. I'll look into other solutions for re-ordering, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.