Disable upload field not disable clear button

Disable upload field not disable clear button

jgcaudetjgcaudet Posts: 82Questions: 7Answers: 0

Hi
When I disable an upload field in Editor the clear button is not disabled (the upload button yes)
I do with "editor.disable('fieldname')"
How can I do to disable clear button?
Thanks

Replies

• Tester2017Tester2017 Posts: 145Questions: 23Answers: 17

I think this is a bug. I made a test and experienced the same behavior. The clear button stays available. You can ask Allan to pay attention to this behavior.

• Tester2017Tester2017 Posts: 145Questions: 23Answers: 17
    edited October 2017

Well, after thinking some more time I think it might be right this behavior. Let me explain. You are disabling the upload field and you really are not able to upload (read: change this field). That is expected and correct behavior.

But you are able to clear the image. And in fact, this might also be correct. Because in fact clear means deleting the image. As you can define a field as read-only but still can delete the row (and thus the field inclusive).

I understand your question very well, but now I think there might be a reason for this behavior.

This product is full of interesting issues....

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

No - this is a bug. If the field is disabled, you shouldn't be able to change its value with the UI. I'll post back shortly with a fix.

Allan

• Werner CrommWerner Cromm Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited August 2019

Is there any new information on this available? How present the uploaded data without the possibility to delete the data?

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Apologies - this one got lost in the mists of time. I've just committed a fix and it will be present in Editor 1.9.1 which we are going to tag and release before the end of the month.

Allan

• Werner CrommWerner Cromm Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thx.

This discussion has been closed.