Why does buttons refer to flashExport.swf from cnd instead using what I downloaded?

Why does buttons refer to flashExport.swf from cnd instead using what I downloaded?

mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

I have downloaded the individual css/js-Files for dt and its extensions and am inserting the appropriate links into my HTML - but when inspecting the source of my page I now noticed a case where the Excel's button code referenced the .swf-file from cdn.datatables.net instead of site and I wonder why that is. I have verified by going through the download-process again (no package, only using Button-Extension with all sub-options selected and Download-method=Download) - the file buttins.flash.min.js still refers to cdn, yet my download contains a folder "swf" with exactly that file! (sry, the page is still on localhost, so no sample or debugger, but I think the case does not require it)

Source of Excel-button on my page:
<button class="dt-button buttons-excel buttons-flash" tabindex="0" aria-controls="sample"><span>Excel</span><div style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 62px; height: 39px; z-index: 99;"><embed id="ZeroClipboard_TableToolsMovie_1" src="//cdn.datatables.net/buttons/1.5.1/swf/flashExport.swf" loop="false" menu="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="ZeroClipboard_TableToolsMovie_1" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=1&amp;width=62&amp;height=39" wmode="transparent" align="middle" width="62" height="39"></div></button>

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

It uses the CDN by default to try and make it easier to install. If you want to use a local copy, use the swfPath option as shown in this example.

Allan

• mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

Cool - thanks!

This discussion has been closed.