Configurations Difficulties - Initial Sorting, Pagination, Searching

Configurations Difficulties - Initial Sorting, Pagination, Searching

pixelbuspixelbus Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2009 in General
Hello,

I am using your product for the first time and am very impressed. I have limited experience with Javascript so I apologize if I am overlooking an obvious error.

I have 9 tables on a coldfusion page. I want the tables to be sorted initially as they are pulled from the database. I want to turn off "Pagination" and keep column 0 from being "Searchable" or "Sortable". I do want global sorting on all tables.

The 9 tables are in a Spry Tabbed Panels. Below is how I am attempting to configure DataTables.

$(document).ready(function() {
$('.dataTable').dataTable( {
"bPaginate" : false,
"aaSorting": [ ],
"aoColumns": [
{ "bSortable": false , "bSearchable": false},
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null,
null
]

});
} );

The above seems to use the initial sorting from the database on 9 tables, however, I lose the "Global Search" text input and column sorting on all but the first table in the first tabbed panel.

If I use no configuration at all, everything seems to function properly except for the intial sorting.

Thanks in advance for any help and please forgive my ignorance!

Jim

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi Jim,

I've just tried this setup using my multiple tables demo ( http://datatables.net/examples/example_multiple_tables.html ), but it seems to work okay for me. Do you have an example that you can link us to? Even if it's drastically cut down from what you really want, as long as it shows the issue you are having it will make debugging much easier!

Thanks
    Allan
  • pixelbuspixelbus Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for taking a look. The data I am using is private and cannot be shared. I will have to see if I can create a sample page with other data.

Jim
This discussion has been closed.